Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with Caramelized Banana (ice cream maker)



"Shall we get some ice cream?" 
"What? It's like 0 degree C, I prefer some hot chocolate milk."
"It's never too cold for ice cream!"

My friends don't want to eat ice cream with me in the winter. So I bought myself a ice cream maker haha. This is my first recipe using this ice cream maker, a plain frozen yogurt. I was thinking of adding Italian meringue (beaten egg-whites with hot sugar syrup) to make it more airy, but this recipe turned out to be very light, creamy and fluffy already. I used minimal sugar for my frozen yogurt because the caramelized bananas are already very sweet. 


Frozen Yogurt:
1 tsp vanilla essence
450 ml Greek Yogurt 5% fat
225 ml milk (so the ratio yogurt:milk is 2:1)
castor sugar to taste

Stir all the ingredients together and put the mix it in your ice cream maker. Process it according to manufacturer instructions. While waiting, make the caramelized bananas.

Caramalized Bananas
2 banana's
1 tbs honey 
1.5 tsp cinnamon powder

1. Slice the bananas
2. Pour honey in a non-stick pan
3. Add the banana slices
4. Add cinnamon powder
5. Stir frequently, remove from heat when the bananas are golden brown

Serve the frozen yogurt with the bananas, add the remaining honey from the pan on top.

This frozen yogurt taste best eaten immediately. Store it in an airtight container if you are not serving it straight away, but it will lose its flavor and creamy texture. Cover the surface of your ice cream with a layer of plastic wrap to prevent it from ice crystals forming. Allow to soften for 5 minutes before serving.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.