Carrot Cake



From an early age I was told that carrots was good for the eyes. 'Have you ever seen a rabbit wearing specs?' Something that my mother told me to ease my suspicion of carrots, but her attempts to make me eat more carrots never worked. But this changed after I tried a piece of a carrot cake. 'This is carrot cake?! it doesn't even taste like carrot!!' From that day on, I actually started to like carrots (packed in a cake). And today... I am making carrot cake for my mother.



This is adopted from Jamie's Oliver official website. 22 diameter cake mold
I made a 'lighter' version of his recipe


INGREDIENTS
cake
180 g sugar
230 g butter/oil
250 g shredded carrots
5 medium eggs (separated)
zest and juice of 1 orange
170 gram wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanille essence
1 cup of chopped walnuts

frosting
250 g philadelphia light
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 tbsp honey (according to taste)

INSTRUCTIONS
cake
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, grease and line cake mold with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolks one by one, and add the orange zest and juice.
4. Stir in sifted flour and baking powder.
5. Add walnuts and grated carrot and mix together.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then gently fold into the cake mix.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, use a toothpick to check whether your cake is done (it should come out clean, otherwise bake for another 5 minutes and check again)
8. Leave the cake cool completely.

frosting
1. Mix philadelphia with vanilla essence, vanilla essence and honey.
2. Spread on top.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.